Addressing the Golf Ball
Improve Your Swing
Handling Tee Pressure
Fairway Wood Play
Calloway Golf Tips
Calloway Golf Clubs
Tiger Woods Swing
More Golf Tips
Golf Training Aids
Golf Tips for Weekend Golfers
Exercise for Golfers
FREE Online Golf Instructions
Free online golf instructions with lots of pictures.
Golf Tips - Your Setup
Let's get started with talking about your setup. This is where
golfers seem to have the most trouble.
- Position your body so your body is parallel with the target line.
- Your feet should be shoulder width apart.
- Balance your weight on the balls of your feet.
- Bend your knees slightly and keep your back straight.
- When you swing move your body from the hips and
make it a smooth, fluent motion.
- With short irons, put the ball in the center of your stance.
- Middle irons should have the ball placed one ball toward the
target side from center.
- For long irons and fairway woods, place the ball two ball
lengths toward the target from center.
I know you've heard this before, but it is important that you keep
your eye on the ball until well after you complete your follow
through swing. If you don't do this, you will have a tendency to
stand up on the ball which will cause you to top the ball. Do this
with all shots. Look at the back of the ball and don't take your
eyes off of it until it's natural to look and see where the ball has